Career Skills for Today’s Tech Worker
Soft skills are critical to tech career and company success. Are your employees and/or students well-versed in soft skills?
We’re creating a series of interactive, classroom-based, soft-skills lessons and labs that will help tech workers and students prepare for, obtain, and be successful in an IT career.
Through real-life scenarios, PrepareU students will learn communication, collaboration, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills, as well as good workplace and career habits. PrepareU consists of approximately 30-60 hours of classroom training that can be scheduled in a variety of ways.
Students must hold one or more IT certifications (preference given to CompTIA certifications
), OR have a degree in IT, OR be enrolled in IT training.
- Create realistic expectations for an IT career.
- Prepare students for a job search and job interview.
- Develop good workplace habits and skills.
- Increase student confidence and motivation, emotional intelligence, and awareness of differing personalities.
- Build teamwork, including review of standard sexual harassment and diversity sensitivity policies.
- Demonstrate stress/anxiety management tools.
- Provide a realistic context of an IT work environment.
IT companies, training organizations and schools that are interested in partnering on a pilot program, please email Eric Larson, director, IT Futures Labs.