While recent federal jobs reports show some slowing in hiring, employment and wages within the Information Technology (IT) sector remain strong.
That’s according to the latest analysis from CompTIA, the leading technology industry association. Creating IT Futures is CompTIA’s tech workforce charity.
“Tech hiring continues to deliver both quantity and quality in terms of employment gains,” said Tim Herbert, executive vice president for research and market intelligence at CompTIA. “Beyond net new jobs created, tech positions pay substantially higher wages on average, offer more career on-ramps for candidates of any background, and more opportunities for advancement.”
And according to CompTIA’s Cyberstates™ data, tech occupations have a median wage of nearly $82,000 — about double that of the median national wage across all occupations. Cyberstates is the definitive guide to national, state, and metropolitan area tech sector and tech workforce analytics.
Taken collectively, this information points to now as an exciting time to search for career advancement opportunities within IT.
To help you launch a successful job search, Creating IT Futures offers a comprehensive list of “Do’s and Don’ts” for job interviews as well as other resource kits:
- CompTIA’s Future Leaders Community offers this resource guide full of helpful professional development advice and direction.
- This Career Changer Starter Pack from Creating IT Futures shares information about creating an eye-catching resume and more.
- A former corporate recruiter who now works at Creating IT Futures offers 10 tips for using the social media platform, LinkedIn, to advance your search.
Related Posts from Creating IT Futures
- Why Employers Seeking Cybersecurity Talent Look First for Soft Business Skills (podcast with CompTIA CEO Todd Thibodeaux)
- Todd Talk: Why Teamwork is Tops for Today’s Technologists (podcast with CompTIA CEO Todd Thibodeaux)
- How Can Young Technologists Thrive in Today’s Multigenerational Tech Workforce? Start Learning to Collaborate with Teammates Now (podcast with Tim Herbert, CompTIA’s head of research)
- How to stay positive during your job search (blog post)
- Don’t neglect employability skills (blog post)